List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: save indirect
From:       Russell Urquhart <russurquhart1 () verizon ! net>
Date:       2009-05-17 0:31:19

Hi Dave,

Here is the text of that page:

16. Specify Default Save Mailbox

Usage:

save-hook [!]pattern mailbox

This command is used to override the default mailbox used when saving
messages. mailbox will be used as the default if the message matches
pattern, see Message Matching in Hooks for information on the exact
format.

To provide more flexibility and good defaults, Mutt applies the expandos
of $index_format to mailbox after it was expanded.

Example 3.12. Using %-expandos in save-hook

# default: save all to ~/Mail/<author name>
save-hook . ~/Mail/%F

# save from me@turing.cs.hmc.edu and me@cs.hmc.edu to $folder/elkins
save-hook me@(turing\\.)?cs\\.hmc\\.edu$ +elkins

# save from aol.com to $folder/spam