List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: clearing flags
From:       Christian Ebert <blacktrash () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-05-27 20:29:14

* Brian Cuttler on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 15:45:25 -0400
> Ok, I did something very stupid, I accidently deleted all
> of the mail in my mailbox. Well, being responsible for backups
> I was able to retrieve the mail, put it back into my mailbox
> and rebuild the imap message index.
>
> However, the messages all show as "old", the "O" flag being set.
>
> I know there is a simple one line command to clear the flag from
> all of the messages, but I've spent a lot of time on this and have
> yet to get the syntax correct.
>
> If someone would be kind enough to provide the command I'd be greatfull.

With default keybindings:

T~O<CR>;WO

You don't need the ";" if you have $auto_tag set.

or as macro:

<tag-pattern>~O<enter><tag-prefix-cond><clear-flag>O

> 					Thanks in advance,
>
> 					Brian
> ---
>   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler@wadsworth.org
>   Computer Systems Support        (v) 518 486-1697
>   Wadsworth Center                (f) 518 473-6384
>   NYS Department of Health        Help Desk 518 473-0773
>

> IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
> confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
> privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
> is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
> from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
> distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
> sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
> system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Seems you overdid the cooperation by deleting your mailbox ;)

At least you get paid to put up with this <insert cooperatively
deleted insult here />, I don't.

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]

_F R E E_  _V I D E O S_  -->>  http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/