List:       mutt-users
Subject:    [solved] 'spam' not working - header cache at fault
From:       martin f krafft <madduck () madduck ! net>
Date:       2007-08-20 23:40:42

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net> [2007.08.21.0117 +0200]:
> I use the following mutt configuration:
>
> http://git.madduck.net/v?p=etc/mutt.git;a=tree;h=3e83d1360c1bf6a5a599bcb539e804f04108b374;hb=efbf8de2b6d70f65e979f5c2b9d55f3751926a7b
>
> and as you can see, index_format includes %H[0], and I added a test
> pattern "spam . 'all'" to the configuration[1].

Things started to get really weird. Suddenly, in one mailbox,
I saw [all,all,all,...] a dozen times for each message, but that
mailbox did not have *any* messages with spam headers. I still saw
no %H on any other box.

Thus I proceeded to uncomment the 'source $my_confdir/spam' and
restarted mutt... and it was *still* there.

And then I deleted the header caches and the problem went away.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck

"the liar at any rate recognises that recreation, not instruction, is
 the aim of conversation, and is a far more civilised being than the
 blockhead who loudly expresses his disbelief in a story which is told
 simply for the amusement of the company."
                                                        -- oscar wilde

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net

["digital_signature_gpg.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]