List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Threaded mode but bring updated threads to the front?
From:       Adeodato =?utf-8?B?U2ltw7M=?= <dato () net ! com ! org ! es>
Date:       2007-07-10 15:47:50

* Yann Lejeune [Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:05:04 +0200]:

> On 2007/07/10-11:59(+0000), Baldur Gislason wrote :
> > I'm wondering if it's possible to sort in threaded mode but have
> > mutt bring the whole thread to the bottom of the mailbox index
> > rather than putting the new messages back where the first
> > message of the thread is?

> Hi,
>  the following line in your ~/.muttrc should do this:

> set sort=threads
> set sort_aux=last-date-received

Related to this, I like the sorting within a same thread that
last-date-received gives, but I would like the thread with newest mail
to be on top instead of bottom.

I know about sort_aux=reverse-last-date-received, but that changes the
ordering within the thread as well.

I guess it's not possible, then? Or maybe there's a patch I don't know
about...

Thanks in advance,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.
                -- Oscar Wilde