List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Uncollapse thread to last message
From:       Shreevatsa R <shreevatsa () cmi ! ac ! in>
Date:       2007-03-28 20:55:04

* Quoting Kyle Wheeler who at 2007-03-28 10:54:24-0600 (Wed) wrote
> On Wednesday, March 28 at 01:14 PM, quoth Angel Olivera:
> >> I'm using mutt in threaded view with threads collapsed.  Can I set
> >> it so that when I uncollapse a thread, it goes to the *last*
> >> message in the thread instead of the first one? (Hitting <Return>
> >> to display-message and/or <Esc>v to uncollapse thread.)
> >
> > I am not sure if there's a better way to do this, but this might help:
>
> Perhaps you'd be satisfied with simply a way to go to the next-unread
> message?

No, that's not what I want. The scenario is this: I have already read
all messages, but at some later time, want to look at what was last
said in some thread, or reply to it.

(AO: thanks for the macro, it almost works...)

It seems more natural to me that one would want the last message in
the thread when it is uncollapsed.  There is the variable
uncollapse_jump which "When set, Mutt will jump to the next unread
message, if any, when the current thread is uncollapsed." It would be
nice if this thing also did "jump to the last message if everything is
read".

But whatever... this is not the place for wishing about features, so:
is there any other way? Something that works irrespective of whether
or not the current thread is collapsed?

--
Shreevatsa R