List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Forwarding HTML mail
From:       Chris McCraw <fool () cs ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2005-02-10 17:07:16

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 11:07:30AM -0600, Tad Marko wrote:
> Howdy!
>
> How can I forward HTML mail and have it stay as HTML? If I don't have
> an external html viewer defined, the mail will be forwarded as a text
> message that looks like the raw HTML, but apparently loses something
> that identifies it as HTML. If I do have elinks enabled as my HTML
> viewer, forwarding an HTML message converts it to a text message
> Neither one is what I want.

while i agree with the initial respondent that html mail is gratuitous,
i have to forward it to our spam filter fully intact, so i learned how
to do this.  what you really want is to "bounce" the message (default
keybinding "b").  it won't be obvious it's from you to the recipient,
but the attachments will stay functional and exactly as you received them.