List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: displaying japanese text in mutt on utf-8 xterms
From:       Ismael Valladolid Torres <ismaeval () free ! fr>
Date:       2005-01-28 11:43:38

Brian Swetland escribe:
> [Ismael Valladolid Torres <ismaeval@free.fr>]
> > Brian Swetland escribe:
> > > I've been trying LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 and LANG=en_US.UTF-8 locale setups but
> > > neither seems to make a difference.
> >
> > Have you tried setting the charset variable instead of the locale?
>
> Aha!  That's the trick -- I'm getting some redraw problems now but
> at least it's converting from various encodings to utf-8.  Thanks a
> lot.  I feel a little dumb for missing that one (could have sworn
> I searched through the manual for 'charset', among other things...)

Don't feel dumb. I don't like having different settings, the user's
locale, the locale variable and the charset variable. I humblely think
that Mutt should use the user's locale and forget about muttrc
settings.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres    Oberthur Card Systems
Technical Support           C/ Manuel Tovar, 16, 1ª pta., Oficina dcha.