List:       mutt-users
Subject:    console special chars
From:       Fabien Wernli <wernli () in2p3 ! fr>
Date:       2004-11-26 8:24:32

Hi,

I apologize if it's not the right list for this question (please read on ;))
but I have the folowwing problem using Mutt 1.5.6+20040722i (CVS) on a
debian sarge. All my locales are set to en_US.UTF-8:

All non-ascii chars are garbled in the console, but work fine in an xterm
window. I've been trying to solve this using different console fonts, and
different locale settings with no luck. Best I can get is by switching
locales to the default (empty or posix), then everything displays well in
mutt, but gets sent garbled (vi displays all the accents when composing
mail, but they appear in the form of ascii codes \2034 :()