List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Scary encounter with Kmail but it can delete duplicates...
From:       Rocco Rutte <pdmef () cs ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2004-09-29 11:26:11

Hi,

* parv@pair.com [04-09-27 17:11:13 -0400] wrote:

> You did not quote my full message in which the above stated 2d case,
> now out of context, was the case of messages w/ DUPLICATE BODIES not
> Message-IDs.

It wouldn't perform well nor would it be nice but you could do it with
procmail (or likely any filtering software which supports piping mails
to external commands).

Just keep a list of message body checksums (in SHAx or MD5 or whatever)
and check incomming messages whether they've been seen before or not
(using grep(1) if there's one checksum per line). You still would have
to think about locking and the like, but it seems possible.

That shouldn't be too difficult...

  bye, Rocco
--
:wq!