List:       mutt-users
Subject:    False Date-Header - mutt or procmail solution ???
From:       Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle () freenet ! de>
Date:       2003-02-27 8:28:09

Hello,

if I get new mail via exim or fetchmail I filter it to
the right mailboxes (for each Mailinglist and Month).

Now I have the Problem, that Every month I get some
dozen mails from broken systems, exactly, systems with
broken hwclock's...

So I have mailboxes from 1970 to 2028 :-/

Because I use the same time a Database it get confused
by this Dates.

Now if I look in the Headers, the first is in most cases
wrong if they use the own MTA and if they use a external,
e.g., with netscape, right because the ISP's update there
Servers with ntp.

How can I solve this problem ?

Does anyone know, how to rewrite the Date-Header if it is
wrong ?

Note:   I have my own ntp-Server at home which is updated
        each 180 Minutes using a DCF-77 receiver.

I think, the most Linux-Users use ntp to correct the time,
but more then 90% of errors are from Windows-Machines...

I use Tardis to update the time on my two Windows-Machines.

Thanks in advance
Michelle