List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: PGP encrypting
From:       Alan Gutierrez <ajglist () izzy ! net>
Date:       2003-03-03 1:28:02

* Todd <Freedom_Lover@pobox.com> [2003-03-02 19:13]:

> René Clerc wrote:

> > * Alan Gutierrez <ajglist@izzy.net> [02-03-2003 18:19]:

> >> You can allso set fcc_clear to keep an unencrypted local copy.

> > Which is a bad thing.

> I'm curious why you say fcc_clear is a bad thing René.  Keeping a copy
> unencrypted allows one to more easily search through sent messages.
> Assuming I consider my local file system secure enough to not require
> encryption or I use some other form of data protection (like loop-aes or
> even an (de|en)cryption hook with Roland's compressed folders patch), what's
> the problem?

For the record, I only mentioned fcc_clear because I spent all day
yesterday, pouring over the configuation variables for mutt. I
simply remembered it. I don't use gpg yet, so I am not qualified to
give advice on usage.

Since I don't use gpg my files are unencrypted on my filesystem. I'm
not terribly concerned. I suppose the extra level of security would
be reassuring.

--
Alan Gutierrez - ajglist@izzy.net