List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: bug mixing maildir and compressed folders
From:       "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier () digitaltorque ! ca>
Date:       2003-02-22 22:39:43

On 21/02/03 David T-G did speaketh:

> I don't think so, as long as you're not creating compressed mailboxes
> from scratch.  If you are then mutt will probably try to create a Maildir
> tree and then gzip won't be able to work with it.

    David,

    Unfortunately, it's not working. I just tried saving mail from a friend of
mine to the usual dcardamo.gz folder, and also to a new "dan" maildir folder.
The maildir folder worked, but the dcardamo.gz folder hasn't been touched in
days.

[msoulier@tigger Mail]$ ll -d dan dcardamo.gz
drwx--S---    5 msoulier users        4096 Feb 22 17:35 dan
-rw-------    1 msoulier users       65671 Feb 19 09:49 dcardamo.gz

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix