List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: macro that sorts ?
From:       Rob Reid <reid () astro ! utoronto ! ca>
Date:       2003-01-29 17:05:29

At 11:25 AM EST on January 29 Joel CARNAT sent off:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to switch from OutlookExpress to mutt/cygwin and wanted to
> know how (if possible) to create some kinda filter rules that I could run on
> any selected message and that would drop it in a certain mailboxe.
>
> I don't want to use procmail because I like to keep all my mail in my
> inbox until I decide they can go into an "archived mbox" (but I still
> want the filtering to be automated).
> So I would like ^f (for eg), when ran on a currently selected email, to do :
> **********
> if [From: is Bob|Joe|Tom]; then mv ~/Mail/friend
> if [Subject: contains "my company"; then mv ~/Mail/jobs
> **********
>
> In fact, what I would like to do is run a set a filter on a single mail
> only when I want (ie, on special keypress for eg)
> This way, no mail would be filtered by default, and only the one I want
> to be filtered will be - that is I can still have matching email staying
> in the inbox.

You probably want save-hooks, limits, and/or macros.  You'll have to read up
on them in the fine manual to decide what you want to do with them.  Oh, and
tagging too if you haven't done that already.

Have fun!

--
"It could permanently hurt a batter for a long time." - Pete Rose
Robert I. Reid <reid@astro.utoronto.ca>     http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/