List:       mutt-users
Subject:    mutt + courier-imap won't tell me number of new messages
From:       Adam Weinberger <monkey () crackula ! com>
Date:       2002-06-28 9:10:41

sup.

i'm running FreeBSD-stable, mutt 1.5.1i, and courier-imapd 1.4.3. i've
set mutt to get mail via imap from the localhost (long story). i can
read mail fine, go into every single folder, create, delete, whole
nine yards. the problem is that i cannot get mutt to tell me how many
new messages each folder has, or even which have new mail at all.

in the folder browser, when i press <tab>, it shows 0 for the number
of messages in each folder.

i am also serving Squirrelmail from the same server, and it lists the
number of new messages perfectly.

i'm using courier-imapd, so i'm using Maildir mailboxes, so this isn't
an atime issue.

i've subscribed to every single folder i have, and they're all listed
in my "mailboxes" conf directive. i'm pretty sure they're set right,
because when i <tab> over in the folder browser, i can hit <cr> over
any folder and view its mail just fine.

any thoughts?

-Adam

--