List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: Extracting a PGP signature? -> command extract-keys
From:       Sven Guckes <guckes () math ! fu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2002-06-26 13:16:28

* Phil Gregory <phil_g@pobox.com> [2002-06-25 18:01]:
> People have sent me some PGP signed emails in PGP/MIME format
> (with signature as a separate attachment).  I would like to turn
> these into standalone files with just the contents and the
> signatures.  Does anyone here know how I'd go about doing this?

if this is just about extracting the keys from the messages,
well, mutt has a command for this:  extract-keys (CTRL-K)

  Help for index                              -- (30%)
  ^K   extract-keys   extract PGP public keys

but if this is about copying a message to a file
then please use the command copy-message ('C'):

  Help for index                              -- (65%)
  C    copy-message   copy a message to a file/mailbox

however, there is no command which saves only the body
messages.  but there are simple workarounds for that:
either save the whole message and edit the resulting files.
or pipe the message to a script which filter the header away.

let us know what you need.

Sven