List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: some mail not reaching it's destination
From:       william+mutt () hq ! newdream ! net (Will Yardley)
Date:       2002-05-31 1:41:43

Nick Stewart wrote:
> On 05/31@02:13, Michael Tatge wrote:
>> Nick Stewart (nick_stewart@earthlink.net) muttered:

>>> Firstly I'm using sendmail to do the obvious.
>>> The problem is that certain mail does not arrive.
>>>
>>> Must be my setup, right?

>> Most likely. Did you set $envelope_from?

> Thanks for the advice. Should I set envelope from to yes or no?
> What will this do?

RTFM.  basically it sets the envelope sender (ie the Return-Path) of the
email.

this isn't the default because sendmail won't let all users set this
header - usually they have to be a trusted user (or sendmail will set
the headers but add 'X-Authentication-Warning' headers).

generally you want to set this.

of course there are plenty of other reasons mail might not be getting
sent.  generally your *logs* are a good place to check; saying 'certain
mail does not arrive' is pretty much the same thing as saying 'it
doesn't work'.

--
Will Yardley
input: william < @ hq . newdream . net . >