List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: [Announce] mutt-1.4 is out.
From:       Dave Pearson <davep () davep ! org>
Date:       2002-05-30 10:26:37

* Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS <edmundo@rano.org> [2002-05-30 10:27:39 +0100]:

> The problem you describe is more likely caused by a bad locale or charset
> setting.

That's it. On this box I've not got anything "special" set regarding locale:

,----
| davep@hagbard:/usr/local/src/mutt-1.4$ locale
| LANG=POSIX
| LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
| LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
| LC_TIME="POSIX"
| LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
| LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
| LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
| LC_ALL=
`----

if I prefix the call to mutt with something like "LANG=en_GB" mutt correctly
displays the GBP signs.

Thanks for the pointer.

> The problem with ICONV_CONST might be solved by Lars Hecking's noiconv
> patch.

It did.

--
Dave Pearson:              | mutt.octet.filter - autoview octet-streams
http://www.davep.org/      | mutt.vcard.filter - autoview simple vcards