List:       mutt-po
Subject:    Re: meaning of "Cannot undelete message"
From:       "Kevin J. McCarthy" <kevin () 8t8 ! us>
Date:       2017-10-11 12:00:25

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 01:20:01PM +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:
> What does the message "Cannot undelete message" actually mean?
> Does it mean just setting a flag will fail, or does it refer to
> "wiping a message from the server"?

Hi Olaf,

I had to take a look, because I actually haven't looked very closely at
the CHECK_ACL code before.

This appears to be about access rights, set via the POP and IMAP
protocols.

For IMAP at least, with the DELETE ACL missing, attempting to modify a
\Deleted flag will fail.  So Mutt is preventing any of the various
<undelete-*> operations from being used in the first place.

I hope that helps.

--=20
Kevin J. McCarthy