List:       mutt-ng-users
Subject:    ANSI colors in pager misbehave?
From:       Sven Putteneers <sven () tuxera ! be>
Date:       2006-03-22 0:51:41

Hello,

I have "set allow_ansi" and "set implicit_autoview" in my muttrc file. I
wanted to use the code2color script from
http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/~friebel/unix/less/code2color to
automatically display source code attachments (C(++), perl, ...) in
color, but it seems muttng doesn't display the colors like it should.

It's hard to explain what exactly goes wrong (and even harder to make an
educated guess where in the source code things go wrong). Maybe the best
way is to see for yourself. Download the script and invoke it with
"code2color <sourcefile>" to see what it should do.
Then put a line in your mailcap to filter source code (there doesn't
seem to be a unique mime-type for source files, I've encountered quite
some on the mailing lists I'm subscribed to), mail yourself the source
file and view it in the internal pager.

Also try to scroll the code2color'ed output in the pager, the colored
bits all change color (which shouldn't happen).

I use muttng-r781.

Greets,
Sven

--
/~\ The ASCII       Encrypted mail preferred. All my outgoing mail is signed.
\ / Ribbon Campaign GPG keyID: 0x66A13305