List:       mutt-dev
Subject:    Re: 1.4?
From:       Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS <edmundo () rano ! org>
Date:       2001-05-25 13:15:18

Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ie>:

> > Maybe we should try to get out 1.4 _now_ and go for your driver API,
> > S/MIME integration and possibly other new features afterwards.
> >
> > What do you folks think?
>
>  Maybe one or two more iteration cycles to add and test outstanding
>  patches, then release 1.4. The new feature list is already impressive,
>  and 1.2.5 is growing kind of stale, it almost a year since it was
>  released.

Sounds reasonable.

Someone should make a list of things to be sorted out before 1.4.

One item for that list is gettext. At the moment, with a recent glibc
you get double conversion of the messages. You might want to do what I
suggested before 1.4: remove gettext.c and update the included
gettext.

Edmund