List:       mutt-dev
Subject:    Re: mutt-1.1.12 is out
From:       Martin Keseg - Sun Slovakia - SE <mkt81437 () krowak ! Slovakia ! Sun ! COM>
Date:       2000-04-28 7:34:37

Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 07:44:30PM -0500

David DeSimone (fox@rsn.hp.com) wrote :

> The MIME headers will look something like this, preceding each attachment:
>
>     --qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS
>
> This is a "text/plain" attachment, and as you can see, Mutt has
> specified a filename for it, "command.txt".  Does dtmail understand
> this?
>
> Here's another set of attachment headers I found in one of my folders:
>
>     ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01BED436.77D71760
>
> As you can see, this attachment has a "name" in two places.  One is in
> the content-type, and the other is in the content-disposition.
>
> Perhaps this is the crux of the problem.  Maybe dtmail doesn't look for
> the "filename=" portion, but instead wants to see the "name=".
>
> I don't see why Mutt couldn't do both, I guess.

O.k let's examine!

	1. echo "test" | mutt-unpatched -a Preklad.txt -s test me

in dtmail save email in new folder ~/XX and edit it in vi

test

["Preklad.txt" (text/plain)]
so we see all differences.

	2. I sent email with patched mutt and workaround(manualy set description)

test2

["Preklad.txt" (text/plain)]
So we can see name field in Content-Type, and with this name dtmail shows
attachment.

	3. I sent email with dtmail

test3

["Preklad.txt" (TEXT/plain)]

> I don't know what patch you are referring to.  I didn't see a patch in
> your message.  I thought that you were asking for a "dirty hack" to be
> created.

I sent patch few weeks ago, it's email with
subject: [patch] - dtmail recognize description of attachment
message-id: <20000414204521.A26217@slovakia.sun.com>

Here is patch again, please note, I'm not author, I'm just submiter.

*** sendlib.c	Fri Mar 17 09:11:04 2000
--- sendlib.c	Fri Apr 14 19:38:05 2000
***************
*** 358,363 ****
--- 358,367 ----
    int tmplen;
    int encode;

+
+ if (a->description)
+    fprintf (f, "Content-Type: %s/%s; name=%s", TYPE (a), a->subtype,a->description);
+ else
    fprintf (f, "Content-Type: %s/%s", TYPE (a), a->subtype);

    if (a->parameter)
--
                                   Keso
                          don't worry about glory