List:       mutt-dev
Subject:    Re: stable and default branches
From:       Brendan Cully <brendan () kublai ! com>
Date:       2014-09-07 17:44:57

On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 17:57, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> I'm a bit lost between the stable and default branches. Shouldn't the
> default branch be more up-to-date than stable?
>
> I'm asking because stable changesets from 2014 don't seem to be present
> in the default branch.
>
> More generally, shouldn't the patches be applied to the default branch
> (when applicable), then merged into stable, depending on the fix?

We usually go the other way, applying fixes that belong on stable to
stable, and merging stable into default. This is so that we can put
less stable changes on default without having to bring them over to
the stable branch.

You're right, we haven't merged stable back into default in a
while. I've just fixed that.