List:       mutt-dev
Subject:    Re: The future of mutt... - intermediate aggregation
From:       "jpacner () redhat ! com" <jpacner () redhat ! com>
Date:       2013-10-31 12:14:29

Hi Holger,

> You suggest the project could be moved forward without
> maintainership, while I believe that strong maintainership is the only
> realistic option.

More accurately, I suggest the project could be moved forward by
_adding_ another tier, which would fill in the hole called "missing
possibility to have quick-moving partly-stable branch" by implementing
less-strong maintainership focused on contributors and not only project
leaders.

But yes, we both want more or less the same, but differ in our opinion
how to get there. Your opinion is primarily based on your experience
with other projects like midnight commander while my opinion is
primarily based on the mutts community attitude (i.e. polite, conscious
and self-skills-aware behavior with the goal "improve" mutt, but not to
destroy it nor make it more messy) from the last years.

Regards

-- Jan Pacner