List:       mutt-dev
Subject:    Re: The future of mutt... - intermediate aggregation
From:       Derek Martin <invalid () pizzashack ! org>
Date:       2013-10-24 20:00:03

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 08:50:51PM +0200, Holger Weiß wrote:
> * Derek Martin <invalid@pizzashack.org> [2013-10-24 10:46]:
> > This hasn't been true for Mutt, at least historically.  Some of the
> > people who submit patches infrequently have taken the time to review
> > other patches (myself included)...
>
> However, this misses the point I was trying to make.  The Mutt project
> always had dedicated maintainers (who've actually been criticised for
> being too conservative more than once).

I didn't miss the point, I was simply making a different one:  There
are no absolutes; different projects can succeed under different
conditions.  It just depends upon the personalities involved.

Dedicated maintainers generally improve your chances at success;
though not so much when they actively block progress by their
inaction, whether due to design or indifference or some other factor.

-=-=-=-=-