List:       mutt-dev
Subject:    Re: The future of mutt...
From:       Steve Kemp <steve () steve ! org ! uk>
Date:       2013-10-03 10:26:49

> There is of course a wishlist -
> * scripting

  I didn't even consider trying to fold in scripting to mutt, because
 it seemed like it would be such a mammoth task, and such a significant change
 for the project that it didn't seem like it would be either welcome
 or easy.

  I continue to use mutt, and be impressed at some of the patches people
 maintain (e.g. the sidebar), but making large changes is not easy, and
 probably unwelcome.

  As soon as you start saying "Full text search" then you'd have to
 consider Maildir/, mboxes, IMAP, etc, at which point it seems best to
 delegate to hooks, bindings, and mairix etc.

> However because of excellent user community and tools built around mutt those
> are not serious problems.

  Agreed.

Steve
--