List:       mutt-dev
Subject:    [Mutt] #3387: Mutt assumes that IMAP password and SSL client
From:       Mutt <fleas () mutt ! org>
Date:       2010-02-26 17:50:22

#3387: Mutt assumes that IMAP password and SSL client certificate password (if
set) are the same
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  timow   |       Owner:  mutt-dev
     Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
 For accessing my IMAP account, I need to authenticate via an SSL client
 certificate and, additionally, a password set for the IMAP account.
 Mutt (with OpenSSL binding) can only handle this if the certificate file
 is not password protected or is protected via the same password as the
 IMAP account.

 I expect mutt to handle both passwords separately.

 A debugging session has revealed that the password callback
 ssl_passwd_cb() in mutt_ssl.c calls mutt_account_getpass(account).
 mutt_account_getpass determines that the account is of type IMAP and
 returns the IMAP password. However, it would need to return the password
 for the SSL client certificate.

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3387>
Mutt <http://www.mutt.org/>