List:       mutt-dev
Subject:    Re: mutt/1296: mutt: iso date/time format by default
From:       Alain Bench <veronatif () free ! fr>
Date:       2005-11-20 12:05:02

The following reply was made to PR mutt/1296; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alain Bench <veronatif@free.fr>
To: bug-any@bugs.mutt.org
Cc: Eduardo =?iso-8859-1?Q?Pérez?= Ureta <eduardo.perez@uc3m.es>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:10:01 +0100 (CET)

 Hello Eduardo,

  El jueves 10 noviembre 2005 a las 19:45:04 +0100, Eduardo Pérez Ur eta escribía:

 > On 2005-09-22 19:47:33 +0200, Alain Bench wrote:
 >> How much the am/pm thing seems ugly to us, as a default setting it
 >> is consistent with other defaults and especially the English C
 >> locale.
 > I don't know if you really checked:
 >| $ LC_ALL=C date +%X
 >| 17:57:23

     Yes, thanks. The thread continued long out of bug tracker on
 mutt-dev only (for no valid reason), and a good soul informed me. I
 replied:

 | But saying "consistent" I didn't mean C [d_]t_fmt used 12h. I meant
 | that by default the full system is English, and that English uses 1 2h.
 | Well, American and Canadian...

 >> In International places where English is spoken, I send a custom
 >> English attribution with am/pm time.
 > You shouldn't

     You win retroactively: I 24hourized my international attribution.  My
 own, not Mutt's default.

 Bye!	Alain.