List:       mutt-dev
Subject:    Re: mutt/1445: indented "id" line following initial "From" breaks
From:       Alain Bench <veronatif () free ! fr>
Date:       2005-08-31 15:25:01

The following reply was made to PR mutt/1445; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alain Bench <veronatif@free.fr>
To: bug-any@bugs.mutt.org
 header parsing by addition of lines
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:21:02 +0200 (CEST)

 Hello Rado,

  On Wednesday, August 24, 2005 at 5:37:23 PM +0200, Rado Smiljanic wrote:

 >| Synopsis: indented "id" line following initial "From" breaks header
 >| parsing by addition of lines
 > Might be related/ covered with #1200?! [From_ line parsing]

     I'd say no, not enough to be merged. Mutt/1200 could potentially be
 solved by a pure from.c:is_from() patch, not wiping this mutt/1445.

     My POV on mutt/1445 is that it's not originally caused by Mutt, but
 the procmail munging revealed a clearly unappropriate Mutt behaviour in
 front of a broken header. The space prepended non header line in header
 triggered header/body separation in a suboptimal place, and the fact the
 header grows at each sync enhances the problem. The wrong Content-Lenght
 also. Robustness commands this to be corrected, perhaps by cutting
 before the non-header line, rejecting it to body. At least it would not
 grow anymore.

     Bug in specific broken conditions: Bug at lowest priority. Not
 really dangerous: Lowest severity. Should be fixed one day, but no need
 to invest precious time and efforts on it specifically.

 Bye!	Alain.