List:       mutt-dev
Subject:    Re: 'default_charset' configuration variable
From:       Ludolf Holzheid <lholzheid () bihl-wiedemann ! de>
Date:       2004-07-12 20:38:56

On 13 Jul 2004 at 1:24, TAKAHASHI Tamotsu wrote:

> I guess your patch has the same goal as $assumed_charset patch
> ( http://www.emaillab.org/mutt/download15.html.en ).

Yes, my patch seems to be a subset of yours. If I knew it before...

I am surprised it is possible to auto-detect which of the the various
japanese character codings is used. I don't know much of them, but
I've been told at least some of them are quite complicated. (Maybe
that's just why auto-detection is possible.)

Ludolf