List:       mutt-dev
Subject:    bug#1815: mutt-1.4.2.1i: catman error for muttbug on solaris
From:       Ian Collier <Ian.Collier () comlab ! ox ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2004-02-23 20:52:58

> Running catman on solaris machines produces an error because Solaris
> catman expects the .so reference to be relative, not absolute.
> You might consider that a bug in the Solaris catman, but the catman
> man page explicitly states this requirement.

For what it's worth, some versions of Solaris won't find the muttbug man
page at all, because it needs to be mentioned in the windex file and the
data for that is taken from the NAME section.

While we're at it: the NAME section should not start with .PP because
otherwise the Solaris catman takes that as the main name of the manual
page for the windex file.  (I had temporarily forgotten that as I always
patch it out when installing mutt on Solaris.)

imc