List:       mutt-dev
Subject:    bug#1548: S/MIME fails with Mozilla generated Email
From:       Sven Geggus <sven () gegg ! us>
Date:       2003-04-21 13:03:16

Package: mutt
Version: 1.5.4i
Severity: normal

This bug also applies to CVS Version from 21.04.03!

Whe I try to open an encrypted message which has been sent by mozilla mutt
shows the wrong behaviour in the first run (when the passphrase is entered).

Later on (when the passphrase is cache everything is working fine).

Adding a debug printf to mutt_create_filter_fd I found out, that mutt just
calls:

openssl smime -decrypt  -passin stdin -inform DER -in /tmp/somefile \
-inkey -recip

instead of something like this:

openssl smime -decrypt  -passin stdin -inform DER -in /tmp/somefile \
-inkey /home/sven/.smime/keys/XXXXXX.0 -recip /home/sven/.smime/certificates/XXXXXXXX.0

The latter is called when the passphrase is cached and give the expected
behaviour.

Sven

P.S.: An encrypted example file is available on request

--
"and on the third day he rebooted into Linux-1.3.84"
                                (Linus Torvalds, Easter Kernel Release 1996)

/me is giggls@ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web