List:       mutt-dev
Subject:    maildir is maildir is maildir is maildir (was: Mutt patch request)
From:       Sven Guckes <guckes () math ! fu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2002-09-23 0:16:21

* malcolm.boekhoff <malcolm@mcb1.demon.co.uk> [2002-09-22 21:21]:
> I have just recompiled the 1.4.1 source only to find that you still
> can't use "mbox_type=maildir" under Windows (because colons in filenames
> are not allowed by the underlying operating system).  I was hoping that
> something had been done about this by now (I started with Mutt 1.25).

err... like what?  fix windows?

> Anyway I have re-applied my patch that uses hyphen (-) instead of colon
> (:) in "mh.c", which fixes the problem under Windows.

no - this is not a fix, it's a workaround.
and using hyphens is plain wrong.  sorry.

> I would like to have something in the next
> release, so that I don't have to recompile.

forget it.

> So for the benefit of other Cygwin/Mutt users,
> here's my updated "mh.c" anyway..

[1600 lines deleted]
mutt allows *attachments* -
so make use of it for chrissake!  *grr*

and like i said a thousand times before:
do not keep adding "fixes" to mutt
(or any other ported programs)
but fix windows - OR LET IT DIE!!

personally, i intend to sue microsoft