List:       mutt-announce
Subject:    mutt 1.14.4 released
From:       "Kevin J. McCarthy" <kevin () 8t8 ! us>
Date:       2020-06-19 1:14:15

Hello Mutt Users,

I've just released version 1.14.4.  Instructions for downloading are
available at <http://www.mutt.org/download.html>, or the tarball can be
directly downloaded from <http://ftp.mutt.org/pub/mutt/>.  Please take
the time to verify the signature file against my public key.

This is an important security release fixing a possible
machine-in-the-middle response injection attack when using STARTTLS with
IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.  (For packagers, I've requested a CVE and will
update the website when I have the number).

Thanks again to Damian Poddebniak and Fabian Ising from the Münster
University of Applied Sciences for reporting this issue, including
providing exhaustive tests.

-Kevin