List:       munt
Subject:    NCBridge patches V3.2.9 now available on the NCD FTP site
From:       "Martin Devall" <martyd () pcx ! ncd ! com>
Date:       2000-04-14 17:22:45

This document applies to NCBridge V3.2.9.

New NCBridge patches for UNIX and WinDD/NT Platforms has been placed on
the NCD ftp site. The locations are:

ftp://ftp.ncd.com/pub/nwd/NCBridge/Patches/V3.2

Before downloading the patch, please view the README.1st file located in the
same directory.

The patch consists of

   README.1st            - Read this file before installing
   README.INSTALL        - Contains important information for the installation
                           of the patches
   Releasenotes.txt      - Contains information about the specific problems
                           fixed in the patch
   NCBridge_patches.txt  - Contains a complete listing of all the bugs fixed
                           from V3.1.2 through the current release
   Any other README.file - Late breaking information

   .tar.Z, .zip, & .exe  - The patch distribution files

If you have problems with the patch, you can do one of the following:

Contract or demo customers
--------------------------
   Contact NCD Technical Support at 800-800-9599 or send email
   to support@ncd.com.

All Customers

NCD Technical Support
800-800-9599
support@ncd.com

------------------------------------
NCBridge 3.2.9 Patch Release Notes
------------------------------------

    Patch Tape Release #: V3.2.9
    Bug Tracking #s: 13292

	WinDD terminated when selecting the CD drive in file manager with
	a message about not supporting bezier curves.

    Fix:
	Metaframe should not be sending WinDD bezier curves but now we
	just parse and not draw them instead of terminating.

    Patch Tape Release #: V3.2.9
    Bug Tracking #s: 13307

	xpflash could not read font directories when booting via NFS but with
	no primary or secondary host file access set.

    Fix:
	Problem fixed. xpflash now correctly accesses the fonts.tbl file and
	the font directories.

    Patch Tape Release #: V3.2.9
    Bug Tracking #s: N/A

	Crashes when console_page was set to 64 (the maximum allowed).

    Fix:
	Problem fixed. We were incorrectly overrunning an array of pointers.

    Patch Tape Release #: V3.2.9
    Bug Tracking #s: N/A

	Color map not getting initialized properly when using light pen.

    Fix:
	Fixed. We were only initializing 255 instead of 256 entries
	in the color map.

    Patch Tape Release #: V3.2.9
    Bug Tracking #s: N/A

	Netscape help menu version was incorrect.

    Fix:
	Fixed. Now shows 4.06 instead of 4.04.

    Patch Tape Release #: V3.2.9
    Bug Tracking #s: N/A

	Occasional floating point exceptions.

    Fix:
	Fixed. We now save and restore floating point registers for xieview,
	navio, netscape and netscape_lite.

    Patch Tape Release #: V3.2.9
    Bug Tracking #s: 13351

	Cursor disappeared on xwud with 640x480 monset.

    Fix:
	Fixed. A previous bugfix caused the restore cursor routine to not
	be called properly.

    Patch Tape Release #: V3.2.9
    Bug Tracking #s: N/A

	Hang in NFS file read at boot up.

    Fix:
	Fixed. We now properly compute backoff timeouts in the UDP code.

    Patch Tape Release #: V3.2.9
    Bug Tracking #s: 13243 and 13310

	Problems with xpflash.

    Fix:
	Improved error reporting and handling for running out of DiskOnChip
	flash space. Fixed fonts flashing so that font directories are accessed
	the same way as the X server. Fixed a problem with flashing two font
	directories with the same basename by ignoring duplicates. Fixed the
	TEEMX flash feature so the correct app-defaults file is flashed. Fixed
	the SLANG flash feature so that the script_files file is flashed.

    Patch Tape Release #: V3.2.9
    Bug Tracking #s: 13379

	"update_bootrom YES 2.0.252" was giving an error message.

    Fix:
	Fixed. We weren't correctly parsing the third field of the version
number.

    Patch Tape Release #: V3.2.9
    Bug Tracking #s: 13382

	"update_bootrom YES 9.0" was causing remote config to crash.

    Fix:
	Fixed. We were using a NULL pointer when parsing a version number with
	only two fields.

    Patch Tape Release #: V3.2.9
    Bug Tracking #s: N/A

	Problems with the baud rate menu in the setup peripheral ports screen.

    Fix:
	Fixed. The menu wasn't being created correctly for some platforms.

    Patch Tape Release #: V3.2.9
    Bug Tracking #s: 12586 and 13499

	Panic: m_freem errors during booting.

    Fix:
	Fixed. We were freeing certain types of packets twice. The packets
	were generated by Windows 2000 servers and are message type 9000.

    Patch Tape Release #: V3.2.9
    Bug Tracking #s: N/A

	File descriptor leaks in netscape.

    Fix: