List:       munt
Subject:    PalmPilot connected to HMXpro24
From:       "Gary D. Knue" <gary.knue () xtek ! com>
Date:       1999-10-29 14:05:42

I have a 3Com PalmPilot connected to the auxiliary port of an NCD HMXpro24.
The HMX serial port is set at 9600 baud.  I have NCD Client Services
installed and running on my WTS with COM4 pointing to the Serial 1 port of
the HMX (using the IP address of the HMX) set at 9600 baud.  The COM4 port
is set at 9600 baud under Control Panel/Ports.  The PalmPilot configuration
is set to COM4 at 9600 baud.  This setup (minus the NCD Client Services)
worked with WinCenter 3.1.  Since I upgraded to WTS using NCD Client
Services the HotSync progress connects but times out with the following
messages:

on the PalmPilot:  The connection between your PalmPilot and the desktop was
lost.  Some of your data was not backed up.  Please check your setup and try
again.

HotSync log:  Communications error: Receive times out. (2404)

Anyone have any ideas how I can get this to work again?

Thanks,
Gary

Gary D. Knue
Xtek,  Inc.