List:       munt
Subject:    Error associated with ID: 578 preventing one user access to MetaFrame
From:       Raymond N Shwake <rshwake () sneakers ! in ! irs ! gov>
Date:       1999-10-27 16:57:09

	We have two WinFrame1.7/WinCenter 3.1 servers and one Windows TSE
with MetaFrame 1.8 (the latter installed about two weeks ago). One
user has been unable to login to the MetaFrame server for several days
(the last confirmed success was last Friday), yet can login to one of
the WinCenter servers.

	The pattern is as follows: Using the ICA client (version 4.20)
he gets the login dialog box, the desktop is painted, but before the
desktop icons appear the session is closed. I found a Disconnected
session from that same user and logged him out. No processes were left.
Still the user can't login from that desktop or any other. Sometimes
(but not consistently) we encounter a series of messages relating to
*Explorer* being unable to access RAM addresses; we hit OK a few times,
then the ICA session closes out. I tested both administrator and another
non-administrative login on that same box, and they can login.

	The EventViewer shows under Security "Event ID: 578" for that
login attempt, FailureAudit, Category: Privilege Use; Privileges show
SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege. Thanks, that tells me a lot. Anyone
have any ideas?

--------------<< "multiuser-nt@ncd.com" FOOTER MESSAGE >>-------------------