List:       munt
Subject:    LaserJet, JetAdmin  & OCR-B Fonts on TSE
From:       "BirdNet, Claude CHRISTOPHI" <christcl () birdnet ! ch>
Date:       1999-10-26 12:20:10

Hi list,

I have a client with two servers (TSE SP4 and MF1.8, no hotfix) and a HP LaserJet 4050TN
When I configure the printer with the Microsoft LaserJet 4 Driver it works
for "normal" printing, but if I want to print the OCR-B Fonts I have smileys
(Wingdings Fonts). So I had a discussion with HP Support and they told me
to use the LaserJet4000 PCL6 Driver, because the LJ4 is PCL5 and 600dpi
and can't use the 1200dpi ProRes neither the PCL6, because it's a PCL5
Driver.
And HP Support told me aslo to buy a DIMM-Card with the OCR-B Fonts on it
but what is weird, is that if I print from a NT4 Wkst with the LaserJet4p or the
LaserJet4050TN Driver it prints the OCR-B Fonts perfectly ...

The other thing I'd like to ask you is about JetAdmin, I found some information
about how to configure a LaserJet with TSE and how to avoid problem with
LaserJet Drivers on Client Devices (on http://thethin.net/tshp.cfm) but
nothing about how to install HP JetAdmin 3.4 driver on TSE ...
Or what to be aware of ...

Any help (idea, suggestion or even a solution) would be greatly appreciated
about LaserJet, JetAdmin, OCR-B Fonts and TSE ...

Claude CHRISTOPHI
christcl@birdnet.ch

BirdNet
Computer Consulting        http://birdnet.ch