List:       munt
Subject:    Definition of environment variable temp and tmp
From:       "Huijbregts, Edwin" <Edwin.Huijbregts () Alcatel ! nl>
Date:       1998-07-27 12:46:14

Hello Pinewood,

We use Winframe 1.6 sp5 wincenter 3.0.39 and lots of hotfixes.
We have the following strange behaviour:

DOS-environment:
set %temp%
or
set %tmp%

results in c:\temp\xx
were xx is the name of the subdir under c:\temp for the specific user.
This is correct.

However:
Windows Environment
"Control panel" --> "System"
User Environment Variables for user huijbreg
temp=C:\temp
tmp=C:\temp

So my conclusion is:
In DOS-environment it is OK but under Windows-environment it is not OK.

This problem causes all kind of strange behaviour within applications
like e.g. MicroSoft Office. (Problems with file locking, when two users
try to open the same document)
How to solve this problem? Please help!!

			Kind Regards,
			Edwin Huijbregts

Edwin Huijbregts
Alcatel Telecom Nederland BV