List:       munt
Subject:    Re: Metaframe/RDP Cost/Perf Comparison (long)
From:       Thomas Chimento <tchimento () mail ! arc ! nasa ! gov>
Date:       1998-06-29 20:43:29

>         Please read my explanation.  Supply and demand does not apply to
> unlimited supply, like s/w supply.  The copyright model applies.

I beg to differ. Copyright has nothing to do with this. The cost of producing,
packaging, advertising, distributing and supporting software makes it just as much
a product as any other. Drugs are perhaps the closest analogy. The cost of
producing the actual pill is negligible. The costs are in R&D, ads, etc. If you
want to make any argument against MS, then point out that their profit margin is
"excessively" high compared to almost any other software, hardware or random
company you can find. Your argument, however, simply does not hold water. The
supply of software is not unlimited.

Thomas

--------------<< "multiuser-nt@ncd.com" FOOTER MESSAGE >>-------------------