List:       munt
Subject:    Re: BMC patrol with WinFrame / Terminal Server
From:       slh () shasta ! pcx ! ncd ! com (Steighton Haley)
Date:       1998-06-29 20:03:42

I know of at least one other customer who is using this application without
much success.  We are working with BMC, and Microsoft to determine the
resolution.  The symptoms are the creation of a large number of cmd shells,
which don't seem to be eating up a system resouce (possibly the non-paged
pool).  This is causing an error in krnl32.dll which forces a reboot.

However, this is only happening on systems with 65+ WinStations.  If you intend
on using Patrol, this particular customer has not seen problems with systems
with only 15-35 WinStations.

Good luck!

					laterdays,
					SLH.

On Jun 26,  4:53pm, Ted Walker wrote:
> Subject: BMC patrol with WinFrame / Terminal Server
> Is anyone using BMC Patrol with WF or Terminal Server?  I see that I can
> get the KM for NT and for Compaq (which is our hardware base), but don't
> know if there is a KM specifically for WF / TS.
>
> Thanks,
> Ted
>

> --------------<< "multiuser-nt@ncd.com" FOOTER MESSAGE >>-------------------

> Archive of List: Use "index" and "get" commands to ncd-majordomo@ncd.com
> NCD reserves the right to restrict access to this list.
>
>-- End of excerpt from Ted Walker

     _/        _/   _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/                Steighton Haley
    _/_/      _/  _/          _/     _/  Senior Tech. Support Engineer
   _/  _/    _/  _/          _/      _/                    slh@ncd.com
  _/    _/  _/  _/          _/      _/            voice: (503)641-2200
 _/      _/_/  _/          _/     _/                FAX: (503)641-2959
_/        _/    _/_/_/_/  _/_/_/_/            WEB: http://www.ncd.com/
  9590 SW Gemini Dr. Beaverton, OR 97008              FTP: ftp.ncd.com