List:       munt
Subject:    problem with freehand
From:       b.sandes () nrsc ! com ! au
Date:       1998-04-15 5:52:17

Just a short note to say thanks to the list.  Just in case someone else has
a similar problem.

One of my users was complaining that freehand wasn't starting i.e. she'd
start the application and then the NC would sit there and do nothing.  In
her task list, freehand wouldn't appear but if you looked at her processes
under winstation administration it was there but unkillable.

The problem as it turns out was that she had network drives connected as
'reconnect at startup' from a PC which was turned.  Freehand was obviously
looking for something on this PC as when I turned it on, freehand started
normally.  What allerted me to this was that I noticed that apps such as
filemanger were starting really slowly for this user but for no one else
(as per thread about 2-3 weeks ago).

Disconnecting the network drive allows freehand to start normally always
(so far.

Brendan Sandes
b.sandes@nrsc.com.au

--------------<< "multiuser-nt@ncd.com" FOOTER MESSAGE >>-------------------