List:       munt
Subject:    Re: Master Browser Error
From:       sjones () taylornet ! com
Date:       1998-03-27 16:10:19

And apparently there is a bug in Windows 95 where it will always want to be
the master browser and therefore forces an election each time a workstation
is started.  So the question is, what kind of machine is DVS3 and on which
computer is the browser error appearing on?  The PDC?  If yes then what's
important is that you see a message after that that says the PDC won.  You
should probably use the browser monitor utility from the resource kit to
see who's who on the network in terms of who's acting as the domain master
browser, master browser and backup browser.  To reduce network traffic,
ensure reliability of browsing and to optimize performance, you don't want
anything but servers fillings these roles.

Schyler Jones, MCSE, CWA
The Taylor Group
 - Microsoft Solution Provider Partner
 - Citrix Gold Reseller