List:       munt
Subject:    Local Path to Home Directory disappearing
From:       Morton Gordon <Gordon.Morton () pwc ! ca>
Date:       1997-07-25 12:45:52

Greetings all,

A strange problem has recently surfaced.  We are running WCP2.1.60,
SP4a on a Compaq Proliant 5000, 4x200 MHz CPUs, 512 Mb RAM.

We use NIS to validate users and to set up new accounts.  I set up the
User Environment Profile so that the Home Directory Local Path would be
set to c:\users\%USERNAME%.  This seemed to be working fine until
recently.  For some reason, users who now connect for the first time do
not get the Local Path defined, i.e. the path is blank.  This causes
all kinds of problems for these new users.  I have to manually go in
and set the path.

Does anyone have any suggestions what may be the cause of this?  Has
anyone else seen this problem?

TIA for your help.

Gordon K. Morton

Information Technology Services, Mississauga,
Pratt and Whitney Canada Inc.,
1801 Courtneypark Drive,
Mail Stop 22IT1,
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada