List:       munt
Subject:    Re: wincenter and sparcprinter
From:       "Roberts, Mike" <cmrobert () tva ! gov>
Date:       1996-11-27 20:08:15

Xavier,

I stumbled across your question on connecting to a Sun sparcprinter
while going through the archives of the mail before I joined the list.
If you already have the answer, my apologies.  We set up access to the
sparcprinters as was suggested using LPR/LPD pointing back to the Sun
machine as the server.  If the Sun is using NeWSprint to manage the
printer, which I would expect, all you need is to designate a generic
postscript driver as the printer driver in your printer setup on
Wincenter (or any other NT machine for that matter).  The driver we use
is the driver for the Apple LaserWriter IIg which is so old that I'm not
sure if any of the printers still exist but it's great as a generic
postscript driver!

Good luck,
Mike Roberts

*       Mike Roberts                           *

*       email:  cmrobert@tva.gov               *