List:       munt
Subject:    motd after login?
From:       "Steve Johnson" <Steve.Johnson () math ! tamu ! edu>
Date:       1996-07-30 23:18:05

I'm looking for a mechanism by which I can put up a scrolling text window
of messages immediately after a user logs in and before the applications
are started.  I.e., the NT equivalent of 'cat /etc/motd' on Unix.  I
recently wrote a simple Dtksh script for Unix/CDE that does this, as well
as implementing "Login" and "Logout" buttons. The user clicks Login or
presses return to proceed, or Logout to exit without bringing up the rest
of the windows.  Having something like this for NT would be a god-send.

Does this already exist?

- Steve

---

  Steve Johnson                         E-mail: Steve.Johnson@math.tamu.edu
  Unix Systems Manager                  Phone: (409) 845-4267
  Dept of Mathematics                   FAX:   (409) 862-4190
  Texas A&M University			College Station, TX 77843

--------------<< "multiuser-nt@ncd.com" FOOTER MESSAGE >>-------------------