List:       mumps-l
Subject:    connecting to Cache remotely
From:       "Lavery, Michael" <MLavery () saintvincents ! com>
Date:       2001-02-02 12:42:37

Hello,

Some fellow developers and I have had some success recently in
connecting to GT.M and Cache using Perl, storing and retrieving
data. You can check out the preliminary results at
http://www.citadelcc.com/intranet/ . GT.M and Perl are all
happily sitting on the same box.

This has got me thinking there must be a way to connect to
Cache from a perl script running on another box. My current
situation here at St. Vincent's Hospital is Cache running
on a Data General Unix(DG/UX) box and Perl 5 running on I.I.S. 4
on Windows NT 4 SP5. I would like to connect to Cache using Perl
to retrieve and store data in a(n) M Global(s) on the DG/UX box. Has
anyone had success going either way with this? I would appreciate
discussion about how we can get this working.

Thanks in advance,

Michael Lavery
Hospital Information Systems
St. Vincent's Hospital - Westchester