List:       mumps-l
Subject:    Re: MSM for Windows 95 under WINDOWS NT
From:       Eli Reidler <eli () pds ! ascendia ! com>
Date:       1999-07-19 16:10:23

Andre,

Thanks very much for your help.   I am trying to experiment with Windows NT.

I pulled out my MSM Server for Windows manual to remind myself about how this
works.

I am not using LAT on the windows system (I am using TELNET), but I *DO* need to
communicate between my MSM for Windows system to my MSM-UNIX system using DDP. I
transfer lots of globals and routines between these systems using extended
global references (^|uci,sys|global).

Am I able to use DDP using a different link type other than the MSM Data Link?
Can I use UDP/IP or IPX to get DDP?

The manual says the TCP/IP link can only be used for OMI.   I do not see an
option for IPX on my MSM-UNIX system.  So I guess that only leaves the
possibility for UDP/IP.   Would I want to consider setting up the two systems to
use OMI and communicate via TCP/IP.  Am I correct that OMI is much slower?

Thanks,
Eli