List:       mumps-l
Subject:    Delay with MSM-NT using telnet
From:       Theo Griep <tgriep () KNOWARE ! NL>
Date:       1999-03-29 22:07:09

Running our GP software in a WIndows NT environment we get a significant
delay when typing text (the text is interpreted by a simple algorithm
before beeing displayed).
This delay can be simulated with something like:
F T=1:1 R *X W $C(X)

We use MSM NT (4.4 I think it is) on a NT server, and use a Telnet
session to connect to MSM-NT. The problem seems to get worse when
routers are part of the network (delay of approx. 0.4 seconds). In an
experimental setting without routers the delay is still obvious.

The problem does not occur on the console, and is absent also when
connecting to a serial port (with a Wyse terminal).
We used an older version of MSM-NT but the problem remains.
MSM-NET and LAT seems to solve the problem but this is a solution that
requires extra software for the routers.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are there any solutions?

Thanks,

Theo Griep