List:       mumps-l
Subject:    Re: Cachi Objects
From:       Herman Slagman <H.Slagman () CODGROEP ! NL>
Date:       1997-12-30 13:21:45

Gerd Nachtsheim heeft geschreven in bericht
<34A8E772.F42458BF@rz-online.de>...

><IRONY>
>this sounds like an excellent idea. Maybe we should stop sharing our
>experience with others at all, ie close this unnecessary newsgroup
>because
>
> the evil(MSM) is everywhere

After working with MSM for several years I couldn't agree with you more,
especially in their products. ;-)

> <snip>
></IRONY>

>Seriously, I haven't met Cachi (object) beta testers so far and would be
>interested to hear what they have to say. I hope other Cachi-testers
>don't carry out your threat and share their experience with us (e.g. in
>this newsgroup) instead of hiding in the dark.

Gerd,

I'd be happy to share all our expierences with you, it's more that this
newsgroup shouldn't be used for exchanging (propriety) code and e-mail
adresses  and kind of stuff.

And yes, the (beta) Cachi Object 2.2 has (a lot) bugs and is far from
complete, but that doesn't mean it isn't (in potential) a great product. In
my opinion it's the only logical succssor to DTM wich we've been using for a
decade or so.
My greatest concern is the importance that US firms like InterSystems are
giving to VARs on the European continent, it seems that their greatest focus
is on English speaking countries and the Far East.
I don't know about Germany but I haven't seen much marketing on M (Cachi or
MSM for that matter) lately and because we are in a traditional non-M market
(we do publishing and broadcast)  we get a bit tired of fighting Oracle all
the time by ourselves (although we get great help from Danny Wijnschenk from
InterSytems BeNeLux).

May the Force be with you.

Herman Slagman
Manager R&D