List:       mumps-l
Subject:    Re: In search of functioning PDPs
From:       Andrew Swan <Andrew.Swan () btinternet ! com>
Date:       1997-04-28 21:43:55

Are you really sure you need the PDP ?

I used to operate a company on a PDP 11/34 using bespoke software. We then
migrated to an 11/44 no problem but the leap into the dark was running the
same
software suite (albeit a few code changes for keyboard interupts) to MSM PC
on a 80386 25mhz with 4mb ram and a 125mb hard disk clone PC with 2x 8 port
serial extension cards. It would only work however if you could install the
micronetics transfer routines to the current machine.

It may be the customer has made a similar move and has disposed of his
original machine but forgot something therefore the PDP will be required.

Kate M. Schell <cschell@radix.net> wrote in article
<3364ADAD.588F@radix.net>...